Monday, July 9, 2007

OMG: The Goat Cheese Revelation


Despite the fact that I have, in the past, in this very blog, trumpeted the Grossness of Goat Cheese, I have to stand corrected. I have finally stumbled upon the fact that there are two types of goat cheese: the strongly aged type that does a nice job of standing in for a rancid, sweaty goat itself, and the young, unaged, soft, creamy, delicious... sorry, sort of lost control there.

Who knew? Not me.

I'm certainly glad I had decided to give the chevre another shot - part of my trying to expand my palate (instead of just my waistline) with stuff I'd always thought was yucky. Yeah, it's my inner five-year-old using the thesaurus today. But my inner adult is trying to come up with ways to use up the rest of this cheese, before I just break down and start licking it off the wrapper.

No comments: